Dona Flor and Her Two Husbands
- Thursday, October 4th 2018, 7pm
- Living Room Theaters (FAU Boca Raton Campus)
- Director: Bruno Barreto
- Production Company: Produções cinematográficas L.C. Barreto
- Release Date: 1976
- Principal Cast: Sônia Braga, José Wilker, Mauro Mendonça
- Region/State: Bahia State
Synopsis:Flor misses Vadinho, her spendthrift, philandering husband, who drops dead while dancing in a carnival street party. Flor’s friends persuade her to remarry Teodoro, a respectable pharmacist who is smitten by her. Teodoro is considerate, loyal, the last person to take her savings to enjoy amorous escapades, but he is a crushing bore. Flor begins to pine for the pleasures she once enjoyed, despite her devotion to her new husband. Then, on the anniversary of his death, a naked Vadinho reappears to Flor in her bedroom . . .
Featured Presenter:Anthony Guneratne, Professor of Communication and Multimedia Studies, editor of an anthology on film movements that originated in Brazil, Argentina and Cuba, Rethinking Third Cinema, and the director of FAU’s Graduate Certificate in Film and Culture.